Hi, I'm Mel Karlik
I am a Web Designer & Front-end Developer with over 15 years of Industry Experience.
I am a Front-End Web Developer
I have a Computer Science degree & over 15 years of industry experience working as part of a development team (companies include Oracle, HSBC and Tugo Travel).
- Agile Development environment utilizing JIRA, Kanban and GIT.
- Newest skills: SVG graphics, CSS Animations & Flexbox
- Currently working on the front-end for all Tugo Web Applications (Grails Framework) & learning React !
I make WordPress Websites
I started a personal blog back in 2004 and soon discovered WordPress. Since then, I have done a TUN of freelance work over the years making custom WordPress sites, modifying existing themes and have even built some of my own pre-made WordPress Themes.
- Design using Adobe Photoshop, Proficient with PHP
- Spoke at the Wordcamp Vancouver Conference
- Websites include:
Real Estate, Membership, eCommerce, LMS Systems (online Courses) and Blogs
- Currently building & updating The Vancouver Island Market (eCommerce, membership & email list integration)
I am a Digital Marketer
- I ran my own online eCommerce site selling courses and WordPress themes where did a lot of content marketing, ran a Facebook Group, hosted webinars, created landing pages and grew an email list of over 5,000 subscribers
- I manage Google AdWords & Facebook Ads for clients
- Solid understanding of on-site and off-site SEO and have successfully ranked for top key-words
- Understanding of all social media (Instagram & Facebook are my favs)
- Currently doing lead generation for The Ryan Douglas Group ... I also built the website with WordPress of course ! 🙂